I survived week one. Praise the Lord.
Honestly, I don't think I could have asked for a better first week of school. Things have gone so well.
I'm just pooped. So glad its the weekend and I can have some time away from school to relax and just hang out with the teachers.
This will be a short post, because I honestly just want to go to bed.
But I just had to write about the coolest thing ever today...
So everyday pretty much all of the teachers cram in one bus to go to school. Its the teacher bus. And Fridays are called Fiesta Fridays. Every Friday, one teacher is given music privileges, meaning they get to select the music to and from school. Its pretty fun. This morning started out with some country music. Nothing too exciting. Everybody's chatting, I'm still half asleep, but then...out of nowhere, I hear the opening notes and words of Dave Barnes' song, Greyhound. Without thinking, I shouted for the whole packed teacher bus to hear... "Who's music is this!?" I'm pretty reserved most of the time, so my sudden animated reaction kind of surprised the rest of the teachers. I proceeded to tell the whole bus of my love for Dave. It pretty much made my day to hear Dave Barnes here in Guatemala. Loved it.
And my host mom packed an avocado in my lunch. That was pretty awesome too.
And it was Friday!!!
Doesn't get much better than that, folks.
I just walked into school skipping and smiling...literally.
I feel like I can just imagine you telling me this story and your jumping up to find out who was playing dave. I heard him in applesbees the other day and was about to text you before i remembered where you were. I even shhhed the guy talking to me to listen and make sure it was dave you would have been proud...lol Love you
ReplyDelete